Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1

    Unanswered: Simple calculation just doesn't seem to be working.

    I'm using Access 2000 (9.0) and trying to finish off the last step to this query. The problem I'm having is with a set of two calculations I have on a query. The first calculation is basically A*B/C=Calculation 1. The second is A-Calculation 1=Calculation 2. 95% of the time, Calculation 1 will have a number, and calculation 2 will be $0. But the other 5% of the time, when there is a difference between "A" and Calculation 1, Calculation 2 shows "A" and Calculation 1 shows $0. Calculation 1 should have a number, and calculation 2 should also have a number. The two combined should equal "A". Posted here is my SQL data. I'm taking this from an excel spreadsheet we made, but now trying to put it into Access. Could someone please help me in trying to solve this? It's been very frustrating and I've tried several things including making a separate query for each calculation, but then the form I made doesn't allow me to sum up the different queries I've made.

    [Ifs Balance Due]*([Accrual Days]\[Period of Performance Days]) AS [Accrual $], [Ifs Balance Due]-[Accrual $] AS Unearned

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    3,713
    Change your query so that you don't have the dependency ... Just calc the whole thing again for Calc #2. Ex:

    [Ifs Balance Due]*([Accrual Days]\[Period of Performance Days]) AS [Accrual $], [Ifs Balance Due] - [Ifs Balance Due]*([Accrual Days]\[Period of Performance Days]) AS Unearned

    Got it?
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •