Question Unanswered: Linking daily sheets?

I have a spreadsheet I'm using to track the daily sales at a small store. I would like to open it, enter all the sales for the day, and have a running 'year to date' sales total at the end. So it needs to take the YTD total from yesterdays sheet and add it to todays total. I save each daily sheet under 'save as (whatever todays date is)'. I know how to link two sheets, but how do I tell it to take the total from the last sheet made, since the spreadsheet name changes each day?
    Thanks,
    sls-sls

How much VBA experience do you have?

I consider myself to be fairly computer literate, but I have no experiance with VBA. I don't know if I've ever even heard of it before.

Sorry for the late reply

VBA is a programming language to help simplify tedious tasks in excel. The contains something that will do without vba code. Let me know if this is suitable an easier way would be to automate it through vba upon opening the YTD sales sheet or by a click of a button.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Howdy. YOu can do with without VBA, if I understand correctly, and if they are setup exactly the same.

Insert two worksheets, one labeled First, the other Last. (Do not put anything on either. Then move all the previous day worksheets between the two. The setup a Summary worksheet, that is identical to the day worksheet, and move the Summary worksheet outside the First/Last combination. On the Summary worksheet, you can use a formula for instance, Totals (assuming Totals for each day worksheet is in same cell)

=SUM(First:Last!C2)

And so on for any other summary you need.
    old, slow, and confused
    but at least I'm inconsistent!

Rich
    (retired Excel 2003 user, 3/28/2008)

How to ask a question on forums

Quote Originally Posted by shades
    =SUM(First:Last!C2)
    This will also work nicely.If everything is in the same workbook.

Thanks for the help guys, everything seems to be working nicely. Life is now good again! sls-sls