Unanswered: Change staff assignment dynamically

Hi...Newbie here! Thanks in advance for any help.

This might be long, but I want to be clear...

I'm working on a database for my agency in which clients are assigned to specific staff through use of a staff id number. For administrative purposes, we have one *generic* client that is not assigned to a specific staff member. However, each staff member must be able to save records for that client under their ID number. Currently, I have a form to create client records that uses cascading combos. In the first combo, the user chooses the staff member. The second combo is then limited to the clients of that staff member. I have set the underlying query up to include the *generic* client in each staff members client list, but I cannot save records for that client. I get an error message that indicates it's because the generic client is not assigned to the staff member. Is there a way to temporarily assign that staff member to the generic client, perhaps some sort of AfterUpdate event that is only triggered when the staff member is chosen in the first combo?

Thanks again!

Provided Answers: 1
    Lets set the forms aside for a moment and evaluate your underlying table structure.

Could you post your current tables?
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***

Sure. Do you want me to attach the actual tables or do you just want the relationships layout?

Thanks!

Provided Answers: 1
    Just the layout would be fine.
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***

Okay. Here it is...Not sure how to do it other than a screen shot. Hope that's okay.
    Attached Files Attached Files