Unhappy Unanswered: Invalid Argument - Error 3001?!?!?!

I'm trying to append data from one table to another, but it's giving me an "invalid argument" message. I've used this before and it worked until today. I checked and the fields going from one table to another match in name, type and size exactly. I think I may be hitting the table limit because I'm trying to import 400,000 records into another table with 2 million records. Each record is about 75 bytes. Both tables are linked from another database, and no database is near the 2GB limit for Access 2003.

So, could there be another reason for this problem, or should I find a way to break up the giant table? Yeah, yeah, the database is getting too big for Access, but it's a temporary solution 'til the 'real' database is in place.

Red face

Ahem, never mind. Thanks to my testing, the database was bloated to over 2GB. I compacted it down to 500MB. Too bad Access just can't say "the database it too big".

Darn, too quick for me. I was doing the same thing last night. I spent 2 hours trying to do an update that would bloat the database to 2Gb so I saw that error a number of times.