Unanswered: Asynchronous execution through ODBC...

Hi,

Our VC++ application is using MS ODBC 3.0 API, and the native Oracle driver (SQORA32.dll) v9i to communicate with the database.

If we have to call a stored procedure, we're currently submitting the same using an implementation of SqlExecDirect( ).

We currently have a need to call the same oracle SP at regular intervals without waiting for the earlier call to return.

I read that oracle 8 ODBC driver does not support asynchonous execution, but will be supported in later versions. Can anyone please confirm if Oracle9i ODBC driver supports asynchronous executions or not.

Also please please point me to a resource that explains asynchonous executions in detail...

Cool

As far as I know, Oracle9i ODBC driver does not support asynchronous executions at this time.
    The person who says it can't be done should not interrupt the person doing it. -- Chinese proverb

thnx for the answer!!

I need to connect to an oracle server using ODBC through C++. How can i do this..Basically i dont have any idea abt this.

Your response at the earliest would be very useful.

-----------------------