Thread: Oracle OLEDB

Question Unanswered: Oracle OLEDB

Hi,

does anyone knows where the component Oracle OLEDB is registered on Microsoft Windows XP? I want to know if it is only registrated in the registry, in shared dll of microsoft?

I've found some registry keys that link to the path of the Oracle oledb dll in the oracle home-directory, but I think there is more.

Would like to do an easy install by copying files and register it in registry and where ever needed. I don't like it to install 250MB for one component ...

anybody?
    thanks.

Cool

Sorry, but some of us just don't like M$ WinDoze and really don't care about it.
    Good luck!
    The person who says it can't be done should not interrupt the person doing it. -- Chinese proverb

Quote Originally Posted by LKBrwn_DBA

Sorry, but some of us just don't like M$ WinDoze and really don't care about it.
    Good luck!
    me neither like it, but I've to do it, but Oracle could also just make their installation lot easier and in first place smaller, why 250MEGS for smallest installation? Not good or Oracle!

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ksc
    me neither like it, but I've to do it, but Oracle could also just make their installation lot easier and in first place smaller, why 250MEGS for smallest installation? Not good or Oracle!

You can try to suggest to Oracle any changes, but don't wait to long for a response.
    The person who says it can't be done should not interrupt the person doing it. -- Chinese proverb