Question Unanswered: how to append data in IDAPI32.cfg?

hi all,
    had a little problem ........have 2 applications which require a IDAPI32.cfg file to get the path to the database files through BDE.
    The .cfg file is overwritten when the second application is installed, because the location for that .cfg file is same for both applications for eg. in common files folder.
    when the second is installed the .cfg file gets replaced containing the path for the second application ...........
    so what i want is that is there any way that the path is appended into that .cfg file after the second application is installed............so that if i launch any of the applications , both of them work fine..........
    hope i wud get a reply soon....................

just don't give both paths the same alias name. there should be no problem with multiple applications using the same idapi file, that's how it was designed.

hi there ...
    first of all thanks for your concern...........but i think i am not able to solve it .............the alias name is also different......
    i will give u the details so that u dont miss anything which is required..........
    here i go......
    there are 2 applications ............the first is installed .............i get a IDAPI32.CFG file the contents of which are...............

" DRIVERS   PARADOX   INIT    NET DIR  C:\     DATABASES   dnd   DB INFO    TYPE  STANDARD   PATH  C:\Program Files\common\DSAT\DB files   ENABLE BCD  FALSE   DEFAULT DRIVER  PARADOX    ".......................

the squares are the syntax for file coz i opened the file in the notepad...............

here the dnd is the alias name for first application.............and the path is for the database files...............

now i install the second one..............
    the contents of .cfg are same except the aliasname is tnd and the path is C:\Program Files\common\TSAT\DB files.............

what is happening is that .cfg file is overwritten having the aliasname and path for second application...............therefore the first app. doesnt works...........
    so what ideally should happen is that the contents of the .cfg file for second app. should get appended to the .cfg file for first one..............
    and in folder where .cfg file is located a file named idapi32.000 should get created when second is installed ...........then both app. wud work fine.........thats the solution ..........but i am able to do it.............

waiting for your response......

There's simply no way of doing what you describe: if you load the second .cfg file, then it will completely override the first one.

Instead, after installing the second app, you should manually add the dnd alias to the bde configuration with the bde control panel applet, and surely both of your apps will run happily.
    The only failure is not trying to do it.