Thread: hi

hi

Hello. I'm an accountant who has capitalized on the power of db's and dynamic reporting in my field. I am advanced in Access and Crystal Reports and am learning Microsoft SQL Server and Visual Basic. I am the "database manager" and creator. It will be nice to have someone to hear my ideas and share my struggles.

We're good at listening, and sometimes we even have an idea or two to help . Feel free to jump into the MS-Access, MS-SQL, Crystal Reports, or VB forums. Stop by the "Yack Corral" if you just feel like kibitzing or venting!

-PatP

Well you certainly aren't short on confidence

To be quite honest - if I ever make it to Leader of the World I would ban accountants from ever constructing anything that is capable of storing data. This is, however, founded on my experience that accountants think this is precisely what Excel should do to the exclusion of everything else.

Since you clearly don't think this you may just restore my faith and save the accountants of the world this fate.
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.

haha poots agreed.
    At my current location everything is excel...
    Ryan
    My Blog

I have found Excel to be extremely limited in its data storage and management capabilities. It is much better doing amortization schedules and quick account reconciliations. I much rather learn new technologies that will make my job easier than to rely on what I already know to justify my current processes. You'll find that I'm not your typical accountant.