Unanswered: replication error

i have a problem

when i select distributor and click next

"SQL server agent on 'PC-...' currently uses the system account, which causes replication between servers to fail. In te following dialog box, specify another account for the Service startup account"

and

"SQL server enterprise manager couldn not configure 'PC-...' as the distributor for 'PC-...'

Error 18483: Could not connect to server 'PC-...' because 'distributor admin' is not defined as a remote login at the server."

what can i do?

Provided Answers: 6
    I would start by setting up the sql server agent to use a domain user account. I am no replication expert. Not yet anyways. That project is coming soon.
    “If one brings so much courage to this world the world has to kill them or break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” Earnest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms.

Provided Answers: 54
    My suggestions are:

1. Create a domain user specifically for SQL replication, and no other purpose
    2. Before you get a new machine involved with replication, make that domain user a local administrator on the new machine.
    3. Start the SQL Agent on the machine that is the distributor using the domain accout from step 1.

Depending on how far you got with the replication installation, you may want to reinstall Replication. I know that I would!

-PatP