Unanswered: Maintaining/archiving/deleting DB2 backup files

DB2 8.2 on Win2003 Server.

Hey I'm currently backing up our database systems to a 50GB SAN partition (which is itself backed up to SAN storage and tape). Currently I go in and manually remove older backups to keep the drive at about 20GB free space (This is good for a week of backups).

I'm wondering if there is any automatic features or systems that people use that will allow for the pruning of backpup images older than X days or better still some other more complex rules (pruning old backups from certain weekdays etc.)

I have not tried this, but the DB2 v8.2 and v9.0 documentation indicates that if automatic backup to disk is enabled, then it will delete old backups by itself.
    See the URL below for details.

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...n/r0009949.htm

I have not tried this myself, so can't confirm it.

HTH

I don't think I'm seeing what your talking about in that link, but if I remember correctly then is it actually that it removes them from the 'backup history' in UI rather than physically removing the files?

Anyone else got any ideas?

Here's the documentation information that I was referring to in my previous post -
    ===========
    Through the Configure Automatic Maintenance wizard in the Control Center or Health Center, you can configure:

The requested time or number of log pages between backups
    The backup media 7 Whether it will be an online or offline backup.
    If backup to disk is selected, the automatic backup feature will regularly delete backup images from the directory specified in the Configure Automatic Maintenance wizard. Only the most recent backup image is guaranteed to be available at any given time. It is recommended that this directory be kept exclusively for the automatic backup feature and not be used to store other backup images.

The automatic database backup feature can be enabled or disabled by using the auto_db_backup and auto_maint database configuration parameters. In a multiple database partitioned environment, the automatic database backup runs on each partition if the database configuration parameters are enabled on that partition.
    ==============