Post Unanswered: Noobish question (Just starting a database)

Im looking around trying to build a good database for my company and came across MS Access 2003.

Ive played around with it a bit, and I think I can make a decent db with access and ms scripting
    however, I don't see how you can manipulate data and change the database through the html main page im using.
    (Not sure if I can word that any better)

I just need to be able to view a table, input data / manipulate data, and then be able to view it after its "submitted".

Any help would be appreciated, thanks again!

Hi

I am not an ASP guy but I am ok with vb\ vbscript. You want to use ADO:
    http://www.w3schools.com/ado/default.asp

BTW - I don't use Access as a database (AKA JET) however I know enough to be reasonably confident that if you expect this to really take off you might want something more heavy duty as a back end for a website. At the very least write it in a way that you can upsize without too many headaches.

HTH
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.

Yea, I am having nothing but problems with access and scripting.
    I can't seem to get tables to link to the point of manipulation from other users.
    Also I can't make this an outside 3rd party executable file to run this entire thing, as I fear other employees with screw with all my raw data.

Thanks again, I'll check out ADO.

Quote Originally Posted by Vayde
    Yea, I am having nothing but problems with access and scripting.
    Access and scripting will work just fine. The fact it is Access is irrelevent- you interact with ADO and just point ADO at the Access Database. So long as you stick to JET compliant SQL you will be fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vayde
    I can't seem to get tables to link to the point of manipulation from other users.
    That might be where you are going wrong. With ADO you pop the data into a recordset, play around with it and marshall the changes back to the database.
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.