Red face Unanswered: csv import into ms sql 2000

I've got a csv file (75000 records) with 5 columns, one is a date of birth column which shows as an 8 digit long integer (yyyymmdd). I've tried sql dts but I just don't know how to show this column in sql as a date field in dd/mm/yyyy format. Can anyone please help???

Using Excel you can change the cell format as you required & upload data in the SQL database but in Excel maximum row limit is 65536.

You can divide this data in two excel sheet & can proceed.

If you are not going to do this task frequently than it is fine, else find some better solution.
    Rajesh Patel

Everybody says - mistake is the first step of success, but it's not true. The correction of the mistake is the first step of success.

Thanks Rajesh - i've tried that, the problem is that the date of birth field has no date separators, and being in number format, a excel just fills the cell with "###############". Today (2nd sept 2006) shows like an integer 20060902.
    Thanks again for your quick reply.
    Arthur

Still Excel helps you lot. Check the enclosed file, it is self explanatory.

Add four columns next to your date column & add formulas same as enclosed file.

At the last check data then Copy -> Paste Special -> Value. Remove unwanted columns & upload data.

Little hard work but fruitful.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Rajesh Patel

Everybody says - mistake is the first step of success, but it's not true. The correction of the mistake is the first step of success.

Brilliant - all works well. Thanks a milliuon for all your help.