Unanswered: Generate result of two queries in one report

I am writing an ACCESS file for the school extra-curricular activities, I would like to generate a report which lists out

1) The clubs and positions that a student joins
    2) All the date and the name of activites joined by this student

I would like to list out these two parts of a selected student in one report. The problem is these two parts are retrieved by two different queries. How can I combine the data in one report only.

Many thanx in advance.

try making two separate reports - when they both work the way you want, open one report in design view and drag the second report into it from the database window: it becomes a subreport.

izy
    currently using SS 2008R2

Thanks for your reply,

yes, I tried to integrate two reports into one and it worked. Actually the two reports are generated by inputting one variable ( student number), after combining two reports and run it, it asks me to input the value of the student number two times. How can I modify it , so it needs to input the student number just once.

don't use the inbuilt parameter-prompting feature of Access queries:
    a/ in your case the user must enter the value twice as you observed
    b/ you get no chance to make sure the user input is valid
    c/ the user cannot review his input in an attempt to understand his error if something goes wrong.

add a form, get the user input onto the form, validate it, and if it is ok run the queries looking at the form value for their parameter. you might want a popup/modal form, OK/Cancel buttons, and some text explaining what it is that you expect the user to do.

izy
    currently using SS 2008R2

Generate reports

Thanks for the previous answers to my question. Now there comes another question. I would like to print out a report about the extra-curricular activities records of a student. It works Okay. However, if I want to print out a batch , like a class, of the records. I donno how to accomplish it.

Many thanx in advance.

Provided Answers: 59
    make both existing reports sub reports, have the main top level report linked to Student ID. Pass the paramter of the required student, or class or whatever to that reprot, it will then limitwhat it repoorts to wither that student, or that class
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Printing Report

Thanks for the reply. I can successfully print Reports in a batch now. I would like to add a place for the Principal to sign the name at the end of each report. If a student has so many activities such that it takes several pages to print his/her report. How can I control in such a way that the Principal's signature will appear only once, at the end of each report of that student.

Add a report footer

In design view, add a report footer. Just use the Access help facility to find the details of adding a footer.

Indicating no records in a report

Thanks for the previous reply. My report is to print out

1) Clubs or positions of a student
    2) Activities joined by that student

so when the student does not join any club, the details section of the report will print nothing, and I would like to add a word "NIL" if the details section is empty, how can I do that?

Thanks in advance.