Unanswered: Oracle Install Hangs

Hello All,

I am trying to install Oracle 9i on my laptop but the Oracle Universal Installer hangs at the "Files Location" page. I am running Windows XP Professional and had Oracle previously installed with no problems. But now it will not install. Any thoughts or ideas on how I can resolve this would be appreciated!

Thanks!
    Clif

Provided Answers: 4
    Do you run the setup from the CD or are installation files stored into the directory on your hard disk?

If they are on the HD, check whether they are stored in a directory which has a space character in its name (for example, "c:\oracle installation directory"); if so, try to move them into another directory which does NOT have a space (for example, "C:\ora_inst"). Perhaps it'll help.

I am running setup from the CD so that shouldn't be a problem. Any other thoughts?

Provided Answers: 1
    Just a couple of ideas...

Does the drive letter of your CD-Rom device match up wit the drive letter that Oracle is looking for?

Have you tried copying the install disk on to your hard drive & running it from there?
    90% of users' problems can be resolved by punching them - the other 10% by switching off their PCs.

Yes the drive letters are correct. No I haven't tried to copy my CD's to the hard drive. I've used the CD's before with no troubles. I am downloading 10g Express from Oracle and will give that a try.