Unanswered: PHP not throwing Mysql warning errors

Hi,

I have been trying to get PHP throw mysql warning errors but am not able to do so. I have set mysql sql_mode as 'TRADITIONAL' so that mysql throws up warning messages like 'OUT OF RANGE' value.

And in php.ini, mysql.trace_mode is set to On. Still I dont get to see those error messages. What do I need to do to get php throw these error messages?

Thank you.
    Cela

You need to use mysql_error() to display any mysql errors from queries.

PHP only generates errors caused by mysql function calls if the function call itself fails, not for errors returned by the mysql server.

Yes, I do use mysql_error(). The problem here is, I know that mysql server is throwing the error but mysql_error() function is not catching it.

I am sure that there should be some trivial setting that I need to do to get this to work.

The only thing I can see that might prevent specific errors from coming through is that TRADITIONAL mode is in MySQL 5.0.2 and higher. Perhaps the mysql PHP client .dll is not a high enough version to work with the errors that you are getting from mysql.

Mysql version is 5.0.19 and PHP is 5.1.4 and am on MAC OS x. How do I find out whether PHP client .dll is of a higher version or not?