Unanswered: SQL Server 2000 Dev Edition - Install Issues on Win XP SP1

Hi All,

I am facing a familiar issue, with a slight variance in the situation. I have already spent hours googling for a solution, so along with the problem I'll highlight what I have already tried to remedy it.

I am trying to install SQL Server 2000 Dev. Edition on my Win XP SP1 platform. I did a default instance installation. I am able to start up the server and keep it up.

On opening the Enterprise Manager I get the error, "SQLDMO.DLL not registered, re-run SQL Server setup etc."

Next I navigated to <install dir>\Microsoft SQL Server\80\Tools\Binn and executed regsvr32 sqldmo.dll and I get the following error, "LoadLibrary("sqldmo.dll") failed - Invalid Access to Memory Location"

I have verified that all the relevant dlls are present in the above and <...>\system32\ folders. I have also created an alias for the server using the client network utility.

There was a time when I had installed SQL Server 2000 previously and I did manage to get it to work, even the sqldmo.dll registeration bit. But uninstalled it subsequently as I was having space issues.

Since then I have installed various XP hotfixes and security fixes, except for Win XP SP2

Any thoughts, anyone?????

Issue Resolved

I have managed to resolve the above issue by installing SP4 for SQL Server 2000. Did not need to register SQLDMO.DLL or anything subsequently, enterprise manager had no issues opening as well.