In form design mode, look at the properties for the checkbox, data tab. The Control Source should be blank. Enabled should be set to 'Yes'. Assign the default value -1, open your form and observe that the checkbox is checked (to show that the object can be assigned a value when the form loads).
After I have viewed object's values in debug mode and still can solve it, I delete the object and create a new one.
Ok I deleted the checkbox and recreated it. I also relised that I placed it in an option group. Not sure if that could cause the problem. So, I recreated it outside the option group and it's working now.
To answer the first question - yes. The Has Module property is set to yes in both the form and subform (the coding is for the subform actually).
As far as corruption, I tried that route but thus far have been unsuccessful. I have worked off of backup copies and even worked off of older backup copies where I remade the forms. The database always works fine until I put that specific line of code in, or any code looking for an update.
If I take that code out, the db works fine.
I also noticed that I keep getting an error message stating referencing "Form1", which I do not have anywhere in my database. I can't delete it from my VBA window either. I'm wondering if this has something to do with my problem.
Click to enlarge.
I think I'm going to attempt to copy and paste all my tables and files in to a new database and compile again. I'm curious to see if this Form1 shows up in the new database. Perhaps that will solve the problem.
Well I solved the problem and it appears to be working now. I copied all my tables, macros, forms etc to a new database. I verified that the mysterious "Form1" was not in my VBA, and it was not. After verifying that all links worked, I dropped in my code and voila...it works.