Unanswered: Access Link To Oracle Is Missing Some Tables

I have a microsoft access database that uses an odbc connection to link to oracle 10i tables. The window that opens which contains tables that can be linked to seems to be missing some tables. All the tables I want to link to are missing. The missing tables were created with the system login. When I login to the odbc connection I use the same login I used to create the tables(system).

Provided Answers: 4
    I have no experience in what you are trying to do, so this will probably be a blind shot: are those object (that are missing) tables, or - perhaps - views or synonyms? Could you specify something like this in order to make them visible to you?

Also, you should NEVER use SYS or SYSTEM as general logins. SYS are the oracle database objects and SYSTEM is used for oracle applications. What may have happened is that your DBA discovered that illegal objects were made in the SYSTEM and schema and he removed them. Or the account is locked or the password changed.
    Bill
    You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.

Thanks for your response. I figured out an answer very similar to yours. It turns out that oracle by default doesn't allow tables created with the sys or system logins to be viewed or connected to via odbc.