Arrow Unanswered: Macola Progression 7.6.300and Pervasive 8.5

We have recently migrated our server over from a Netware 5 server to a Windows Server 2003 server.
    We have installed Pervasive 8.5 to work with Progression 7.6 on the new server.
    Since that time, we are getting the following error message:

"You are not registered to run Pervasive SQL"

The message comes at random intervals during startup of Progression before it can get to the login window.
    In other words Progression will open normally, then the next time, or maybe the time after that, it will get the error message.
    When it gets the error, I need to remove the System DSN settings in the ODBC Administrator, restart the workstation, put the DNS settings back in, then Progression will open...most of the time. Sometimes I need to do this "ODBC Dance" quite a few times before it works.
    Any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated.
    Chris

Provided Answers: 4
    That's a Macola error. That's not a Pervasive error. You should contact Macola to find out what they are checking in terms of Pervasive that generates that error. Either that or find out what Pervasive error is causing that error to be displayed.
    One thing you could try would be to try the Pervasive Control Center when that error occurs. When it occurs, leave it on the screen, open PCC, connect to the Macola database and open a table. It doesn't matter which table. If no error is reported, the problem is most likely a Macola issue.
    Mirtheil Software
    Certified Pervasive Developer
    Certified Pervasive Technician
    Custom Btrieve/VB development
    http://www.mirtheil.com
    I do not answer questions by email. Please post on the forum.

Thank you Mirtheil,
    You have confirmed what I believed to be true, that it is a Progression issue.
    I had already used the PCC to open tables. The only thing is this, I had four of the tables that had errors after the Pervasive registration error, but the rest of the tables had no errors.

What errors? Some errors may be related to the date types rather than a configuration of the PSQL engine.
    Mirtheil Software

Mirtheil,
    On four of the tables, after receiving the registration error, I get the following error:

That message usually means the file that the table is referencing doesn't exist. It could indicate a problem with the DDFs or just a missing data file. If the app is looking for one of those files, it could be the reason for the "not registered" error. You'll still need to talk to Macola to find out what is causing the "registered" error.
    Mirtheil Software

Mirtheil,
    I believe I found the solution.
    I compared the Pervasive Control Center settings of a known working workstation, and found a few of the settings to be different.
    I made the changes, and it worked. This is a screenshot of the PCC settings I changed.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Thank you very much for your help along the way.