Unhappy Unanswered: Dbf To Ms Sql Server 2000

HI ALL

I m having my data in DBF file format. now i want to use my .Dbf files Data in to SQL Server 2000. so i can use SQL query on that and extract data from that. i want to use my DBF data in SQL. tell me how it is possible. plz give me soloution ...

Thanx
    Manu Verma

Provided Answers: 1
    Do you still have a database server that will read the dbf files? If so, you can connect to it from SQL Server using DTS and import the data.
    If it's not practically useful, then it's practically useless.

blindman
    www.chess.com: "sqlblindman"
    www.LobsterShot.blogspot.com

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by blindman
    Do you still have a database server that will read the dbf files? If so, you can connect to it from SQL Server using DTS and import the data.
    we can read DBF files even in Excel or in VFoxpro. tell me the way to Import the data. i tried in SQL Server 2000. I select the Visual Foxpro ODBC Driver it gave the error. How can i import data via using DTS?

Quote Originally Posted by younker1983
    we can read DBF files even in Excel or in VFoxpro. tell me the way to Import the data. i tried in SQL Server 2000. I select the Visual Foxpro ODBC Driver it gave the error. How can i import data via using DTS?
    Follow this...
    Open EM>Right click on Database>All Tasks>Import data>Select Microsoft Visual Foxpro Driver as data source>Select User/SystemDSN>New>System data source>Visual foxpro driver>Give data source name>Browse the database>Select the created DSN> and you are through....
    Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
    - Sir Winston Churchill
    Joydeep

Provided Answers: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by younker1983
    I select the Visual Foxpro ODBC Driver it gave the error.
    The error? Believe it or not, there are actually several errors you can get. Care to post the message you received?
    If it's not practically useful, then it's practically useless.

blindman
    www.chess.com: "sqlblindman"
    www.LobsterShot.blogspot.com

Hi,

You might need to download the latest drivers for Foxpro/Dbf.
    Thanks

RN

When i import the data from Foxpro .dbf file to sql, there is error:

Insert error, Column 47 ('mrlvbd',DBType_DBTimeStamp),status 6: Data Overflow.

Then i found out that it might be because of the date field of the data is blank. What can i do to solve this?

Thanks in advance

I have found the solution.

1 ) In the Select Source Dialog Box,select the Transform Button.

2) Change the Destination Datatype of the related field from SmallDateTime to DateTime

Thanks