Data Warehouse Architect required.
3 month + contract
Ministry of Education,
Rate: 65-70 hr. max.
Senior Application Architect is required with the following skills but not limited to:
• Proven success in designing, developing, and implementing Large Scale Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence Solutions as a Data Warehouse Architect.
• Hands-on experience of Dimensional database modeling; and star/snowflake schemas implementation, using Kimball/Inmon dimensional modeling methodologies.
• Strong experience with ERWin as data modelling tool.
• Experience in conducting requirements and analysis sessions with the user community.
• Strong knowledge of developing metadata definitions and structures within the Data Warehousing to fulfill the needs of both developers and users of Data Warehousing services.
• Extensive experience of RDBMS (DB2 AIX and DB2 NT) and the architectural implications associated with each platform, Informatica (ETL) and Cognos based BI tools ( Report Net, IWR, Power play).
• Strong knowledge of Informatica, Visio and MS Project.
• Good communication skills, both written and oral.
Scope of Position:
• Review the existing Architecture of the ESDW including all the nodes, Staging, Warehouse, Data Mart.
• Conduct the assessment of the proposed design, validate the architecture and conduct the Quality Assessment.
• Provide recommendations for the update/enhancement of the existing Data warehouse Architecture to meet the emerging business needs.
• Propose and implement technical solutions in response to complex business issues and requirements.
• Develop the new architecture models and framework. Develop strategy as how the data will be deployed in the various nodes of the architecture (e.g., Data sources, staging, warehouse, data marts, and third-party source files).
Asset: Having worked for Ontario Ministries before.
please send detailed cv to email@example.com along with availability and best time to speak with you.