Just a little more help...

Can anyone tell me what the conversion rules are? and maybe how they relate to my pile-o-crap database! Here is my teacher's example, I'm not sure if I am making the connection, I think I might understand the first one. But really not sure! This is the last little bit I need help with and then I will be done! You guys have helped me out more then you know!
    Attached Files Attached Files

I don't know what you mean by "conversion rule". How does your teacher/text book define it?
    If it's not practically useful, then it's practically useless.

blindman
    www.chess.com: "sqlblindman"
    www.LobsterShot.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by blindman
    I don't know what you mean by "conversion rule". How does your teacher/text book define it?
    That's the problem, the book and this project are unrelated! The book is about how to design, actually write the code. This project is about a proposal basically. I think I attached my teacher's example. I don't know if looking at that will help, it's certainly not helping me but neither is my teacher for that matter!

Maybe the "conversion rules" have something to do with normalization. I have a question. How can a student have many enrollments and an invoice have one enrollment and a student have only one invoice. How would you invoice the student's other enrollments? Also -- Can an instructor be associated to a lesson that is associated to a rate of another instructor?
    Last edited by urquel; 09-15-06 at 11:33.

Quote Originally Posted by urquel
    Maybe the "conversion rules" have something to do with normalization. I have a question. How can a student have many enrollments and an invoice have one enrollment and a student have only one invoice. How would you invoice the students other enrollments? Also -- Can an instructor be associated to a lesson that is associated to a rate of another instructor?

So maybe my teacher doesn't know what she is doing!!! I would like to think that because she is not much of a help!!!

That example is for a pretend dance studio, that gives dance lessons. It's not for a college or anything like that where a student would have more then one enrollment. Although I guess they could enroll for more then one dance class. GOOD POINT! I don't know what that last question is talking about!!! But it makes me feel good that you guys don't know what the conversion rules are!! I think I have learned more from all of you then I have from my teacher!!!

I like

yearsofexperience
    qualifications

and is it me or can an instructor only have an address if they live with a student?

Anyway - I've never heard of conversion rules either.
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.

Quote Originally Posted by pootle flump
    I like

yearsofexperience
    qualifications

and is it me or can an instructor only have an address if they live with a student?

Anyway - I've never heard of conversion rules either.
    I wish I had came here sooner! Because my teacher gives off the impression that she really doesn't care for me and I would love to point out mistakes!
    Anyway, pootle flump - could you look at this attached file. I have made revisions and now there are more tables! Does it look correct or "normalized"?

Hi

There a few errors however I think we are getting there in the other thread ya?
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.