Unanswered: Enterprise Data Modeling Tools

We are in the process of looking for an enterprise data modeling tool to use with Oracle 10g (for PeopleSoft 8.9), DB2 8.1 (for data warehousing), and SQL Server 2000/2005 (for several in-house apps, including web-based apps).

I have used CA ERwin at a former job, and Im thinking that it has the leading market share. Am I correct on this?

Ive also looked Embarcadero ER/Studio. Can anyone share their thoughts/preferences/rationale for selecting one tool over the other?

If looked for objective feature comparisons on the web, but I havent found anything very useful.

TIA

The tools you mentioned are good. I also like Sybase's PowerDesigner, which generally supports Oracle 10g better than Oracle's own Designer product.

The product to choose depends on what you want to do, naturally, so ask the vendors specific questions. For example, does it allow you to define tablespaces that have automatic segment space management set to auto, or bigfile tablespaces? Does it allow you to partition objects using each of Oracle 10g's supported methods, or just some of them. If you want a similar trigger on each tabe to set audit fields, how does the tool facilitate that? The list could go on and on, but it depends on what YOU want to do.

Thanks for the ideas.

Yesterday, the CA sales rep called to say that ERwin has an (at cost) "add in," called Saphir, that can generate a logical model of the PeopleSoft 8.9 database (that shows the implied foreign keys) by reading the PeopleSoft metadata. Do you have any experience with it?