Unanswered: After going into 64 bit what kind of changes are need in db and dbm levels?

Hi all,

I am using db2 v8.2.6 (fix pack 13) aix 5.2

recently I went to 64 bit in server side.

in point of performace view, what kind of changes I need to do in db, dbm, os levels and register variables.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Under 32 bit each db was restricted to roughly 1.75gig of memory; you have a lot lot more in 64 bit; you take the whole memory on the machine; reserve whatever for other applications; decide what % of total you want for filecache(default 80 for maxperm and 20 for minperm is too high; could be 20-40 and 2); divide the remaining memory among dbs; can increase # and size of bufferpools; increase sort cache,pkgcache; maxlocks etc.
    mota

Quote Originally Posted by dbamota
    Under 32 bit each db was restricted to roughly 1.75gig of memory; you have a lot lot more in 64 bit; you take the whole memory on the machine; reserve whatever for other applications; decide what % of total you want for filecache(default 80 for maxperm and 20 for minperm is too high; could be 20-40 and 2); divide the remaining memory among dbs; can increase # and size of bufferpools; increase sort cache,pkgcache; maxlocks etc.
    thank you for your help

do you know any thing from changing in registery variables?

Nothing that is 64 bit specific; just
    DB2_USE_ALTERNATE_PAGE_CLEANING=YES
    DB2_PARALLEL_IO=* (we have only 2 containers per tablespace; used to have 12)
    mota