Thread: Match Problem

Unanswered: Match Problem

My criteria in query is:
    where outlet in [tbl_events].[PPV_Outlet]
    Outlet type is text and [tbl_events].[PPV_Outlet] type is number is there any way by which i can match the values.

Thanks.

convert 1 to the other in the comparison ... Is the Outlet type's data strictly numeric?
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...

Yes its a number

and i save data in table1.outlet like 1,2,3

This also dont works
    AND ((LastValidTech.outlet) In (SELECT str(PPVVOD_Outlet) FROM [tbl_events])));
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

SELECT tbl_PPVResearch.TicketNum, LastValidTech.Account1, tbl_Events.txt, tbl_Events.PPVVOD_Amt, LastValidTech.Account2, LastValidTech.Account3, LastValidTech.Account4, LastValidTech.LstVldTech, tech_id.TECHCONT, tech_id.CORP, tbl_PPVResearch.RequestDate
    FROM ((LastValidTech INNER JOIN tbl_PPVResearch ON LastValidTech.TicketNum = tbl_PPVResearch.TicketNum) INNER JOIN tbl_Events ON tbl_PPVResearch.TicketNum = tbl_Events.TicketNum) INNER JOIN tech_id ON LastValidTech.LstVldTech = tech_id.TECH
    WHERE (((tech_id.CORP)=Val(Left([LastValidTech].[Account1],5))) AND ((tbl_PPVResearch.RequestDate) Between [Forms]![frm_Admin]![text33] And [Forms]![frm_Admin]![text35]) AND ((tbl_PPVResearch.Status)="Complete") AND ((LastValidTech.outlet) In (SELECT str(PPVVOD_Outlet) FROM [tbl_events])));

As mentioned here:
    http://www.dbforums.com/showthread.php?t=1609182
    this is the sort of problem you encounter when you don't normalise. I think your IN clause is the wrong way round (as well as just plain wrong). A way round this is a WHERE clause like:
    Code:
    WHERE "," & [tbl_events].[PPV_Outlet] & "," LIKE "*," & outlet & ",*"
    This will be slow and it is clearly cumbersome. As mentioned (and to reiterate ) normalise your schema.

HTH
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.