Unanswered: Can I create a report which should show records of each employee on separate page?

Dear All,
    I have report which shows our employees jobs that they have done. i.e. but the problem is that when I view the report it shows all employees job details on the same page. Is it possible to view them on separate pages? for example this is how it is at the moment:

Name DateofJob Address Attended
    Richard 01/09/06 CityCenter yes
    Richard 02/09/06 School yes
    Richard 03/09/06 City Yes
    Mike 05/09/06 City yes
    Mike 05/09/06 City yes
    Phill 05/09/06 Home yes
    phill 06/09/06 city yes

But I want records of each of the above employees on separate page. i.e.
    Richard 01/09/06 CityCenter yes
    Richard 02/09/06 School yes
    Richard 03/09/06 City Yes

and then next employee

Mike 05/09/06 City yes
    Mike 05/09/06 City yes

and then the next employee and so on

Phill 05/09/06 Home yes
    phill 06/09/06 city yes

Any help would be very much appreciated.
    regards
    Emal
    Emi-UK
    Love begets Love, Help Begets Help

Provided Answers: 1
    Just add the brake page object form the tool box where you need it....

If you're doing all the sorting in the datasource for the report, you'll have to set up sorting and grouping in the report. Play with turning on various group headers and footers until you're happy with the layout. Remember, the height of the headers and footers can be set to 0, so they don't take up space in your report.

Once you have some form of sorting and grouping set in the report, make sure to enable a Group Footer for Employee. Then place a page break in the Employee Footer.

You'll have to decide which column headings need to be placed in the page header so that if one employee has enough records to fill more than one page, the report still makes sense to the end user.

That should do it.

Another trick is to (in the FOOTER of employee or whatever field where you would have a footer - i.e. it can be blank), on the properties box, set it force a new page.
    Expert Database Programming
    MSAccess since 1.0, SQL Server since 6.5, Visual Basic (5.0, 6.0)

Hi Dear,
    I hve tried all your suggestions and unfortunately, it didnt work. I may be doing something wrong or I be missing something. Could you kindly tell me exactly how and where to change settings or insert page break. I instered page break in all parts of headers and I dont get what i want. When i inster page break in the same colum as employeesID then I get each record of the same employee on separate page. i.e. if an employee has done 10 jobs then it appears 10 times in 10 sheets. I want all 10 jobs to appear on one sheet then another employee on separate sheet.

Thank you for your kind help.
    emal
    Emi-UK

If I'm getting this right....Create a Header/Footer for the Employee field (in the sorting and grouping properties box - set yes to Header/Footer). Then click on the the footer area and set the Force New Page to After Section.

Thanks for your help. It works now BUT for some strange reason the width of the page is expanding without any message to say that you need to reduce the size. I tried and reduced the address field which causes the report to exceed its standard width BUT i still get the address on the second page. It is basically a width problem.
    Any idea on that please as it as important as it was important to get employees records on sheet.
    Thank you every so much.
    emal
    Emi-UK

Thank you all for your kind and continuous supports. I have managed to fix the width of the report. But this is the last problem I am having and that is counting each record for each employees. For example at the moment if Mike has attended 10 jobs ALL his record appear on one sheet which is what I want. But When I added the counting field against each record, it is counting all employees records and not invididuals records. As below:

Name DateofJob Address AttendedRichard 01/09/06 CityCenter yes
    1 Richard 02/09/06 School yes
    2 Richard 03/09/06 City Yes
    3Mike 05/09/06 City yes
    4Mike 05/09/06 City yes
    5 Phill 05/09/06 Home yes
    6 phill 06/09/06 city yes

But I want the number of each record againt each employee and when the second page for the 2nd employee comes then the number should start from 1 and should now follow the previous number from the previous employee.

I hope I have not confused you.
    thanks for your help.
    Emi-UK

CAN I ONCE AGAIN THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR ASSISTANCE!

I have found out the reason for the problem. I when to the properties of the number filed then I changed the " Running Sum" properties of the number filed from OVER ALL to OVER GROUP. Thanks . Emal
    Emi-UK

Also FYI: You also might have a problem with the sorting and grouping if you also have your hard carriage enters somewhere in the form. This could throw this off.