Question Unanswered: Linking to Visual Foxpro from MS Access

Hi All. I have an MS Access database that links to a visual foxpro (VFP) database that uses free tables (not a database container) using the MS ODBC driver. The VFP tables are now in VFP 8 which cannot be reliably accessed using the old MS ODBC driver. I have tried to create a pass-through query, but it looks like that would only work for an SQL database. I have tried to design a query that will use the VFPOLEDB provider but cannot get it to work. Here's what I tried:
    Source Database "\\computer\share\folder" (where the dbf files are)
    Source Connect Str "Provider=vfpoledb.1;Data Source=\\computer\share\folder"
    When I run the query, I get the error "Query must have at least one destination field." When I open the query in design view, I get the error "Could not find installable ISAM"
    I have tried the above with and without adding ';Collating Sequence=machine' to the end of the connection string.

Other Info: Access 2003, VFP dbf files on a network, VFPOLEDB is version 9 and it appears in the "References" section of the visual basic screen (I tried it both checked and unchecked). Win XP Pro SP2.
    Thanks for your help!
    Last edited by sschabel; 09-25-06 at 09:53.