Unanswered: db2 list applications return

DB2UDBEE 7.2 on AIX 5.2

This has become an annoying headache, every so often listing the applications fails to show any results, although I know their are apps connected. Looks like something is not properly refreshing. Is there a reason for this? And can you do anything about it?

db2 list applications
    SQL1611W No data was returned by Database System Monitor. SQLSTATE=00000

Thanks,
    Charlie

list appl

if the command is not executed locally to the instance
    first do : attach to nodename (where cataloged the databases) or instance name if on same machine
    then : db2 list applications
    otherwise the command is executed locally
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    DB2 UDB LUW certified V6/7/8

This is occuring while I am running it on the local server of the instance.

I have noticed this a number of times ... You will have to give a momentary gap and retry (build retry logic in your script).. I know it is annoying .. But lately I haven't come across this message as much as I used to do with V7

Sathyaram
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

The message just indicates that there are no connections/applications connected to any database in the instance.

It follows the IBM DB2 philosophy - make the messages as difficult as possible - to discourage learning of the DB2 ;-)

If you want to verify, the next time you get this message, connect to the database and then reissue the command, you will see your connection in the output and not this "annoying" message.

Jayesh,
    Unless I have misunderstood the original poster's comment, the issue is that the message is returned even when applications are connected ...

Sathyaram
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

Yes,

The problem is I know applications are connected, but when I run db2 list applications, I get nothing is connected. If I wait a couple minutes and run it again, it will show me all the apps connected. I'm not quite sure where "list applications" is getting its data from, but it looks like it occasionally isnt updated properly. I'm looking for a way to force it to update.

Thanks,
    Charles