Unanswered: How can I setup report access to some and not to others?

I have several reports in my database, and I want certain reports to be available to the managers only.
    Is there a way I can set this up in Access 97?
    Thanks!

Yes, I am sure there are more than one way to do that BUT I believe for that you have to have a BE and FE (back end and front end). If you do have front end on each users pc then it is simpler.
    Lets assume you have FEs, now you need to creat or add those reports that you want your managers to be able view ONLY on their Pcs and either delete or lock those reports on other users pcs.
    Good luck
    Emi-UK
    Love begets Love, Help Begets Help

Provided Answers: 19
    Another approach, wheter or not the db is split, would be to run the reports using a command button and placing password security to the button. Here's a site that explains how to do this:

http://www.databasedev.co.uk/forms.html

Scroll down to: Adding a Security password to a Command Button on your form (I think it's 3rd or 4th topic down)

The advantage of this approach is that if you have a split db and modify your FE, you don't have to have 2 different FEs (one for managers ans one for non-managers) which could get tiresome!
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

Thanks guys. I will try this and let you know.

By any chance, have you seen my other 2 posts I posted last couple of days? No one has responded with any suggestion as of yet.

Can you please look at them?

Reports

Look at the sample attachment. You can make certain buttons (to the reports) and permissions available to certain users in certain tables.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Expert Database Programming
    MSAccess since 1.0, SQL Server since 6.5, Visual Basic (5.0, 6.0)

Thanks for the sample Data Base Pkstormy.
    I think I will set up a password on the button for the Managers to enter in order to go the reports setup just for managers.

I'm pretty sure I can use the same concept as your sample.

Thanks again.

Comppal

Just so you know, a lot of users will tell you they hate entering and remembering passwords. If you have it set up on a table of "users" where it automatically detects their security, they like it a lot better.
    Expert Database Programming
    MSAccess since 1.0, SQL Server since 6.5, Visual Basic (5.0, 6.0)