Question Unanswered: Automation error : The Object invoked has disconnected from its clients

Hi,

An application using VB 6.0 SP 6 on Operating System Windows 2000 Professional
    using M.S. Access 2003 as backend has been build by us.

On client side it is running smoothly but suddenly we have got problems from the exe installed at one of our clients who is operating on Windows XP Professional SP 2 with MS Office 2003.

The exe suddenly crashes down giving the error as:
    The instruction at “0x7c93426d” referenced memory at “0x00000000”. The memory could not be “read”.

When we do the error handling, 2 types of error descriptions result in as follows:

1. Class does not support Automation or does not support expected interface.
    2. Automation error the object invoked has disconnected from its clients.

Request to Please HELP.

Thanks in advance

How do your distribute the application?

has the application EVER worked on that particular computer?
    Lou
    使大吃一惊
    "Lisa, in this house, we obey the laws of thermodynamics!" - Homer Simpson
    "I have my standards. They may be low, but I have them!" - Bette Middler
    "It's a book about a Spanish guy named Manual. You should read it." - Dilbert

Automation error : The Object invoked has disconnected from its clients Reply to Th

Quote Originally Posted by loquin
    How do your distribute the application?

has the application EVER worked on that particular computer?
    first thanks to reply.

sir, application is previously install on the system, its working fine.

Now i m using Query in database. i m using cursorLocation=abuseServer at the time of open a connnection.

i m using Clone method of recordset. it will work on cursorLocation=abuseclient. so when i m using clone method i will dynamically chnage cursorLocation at runtime. i hope this problem is bcoz i m changing cursor location at runtime.

i have a solution to open a different connection when i m using clone method and close it after working.

is it feasible.

plz also suggest which cursrLocation is best for a Multiuser Application. i m confuse to use of cursorLocation

You say you're using Access 2003. Is this an access data file (.mdb) or an access data project?

Access doesn't support server-side cursors. There IS no server.

How many users in your 'multi-user' application?
    Lou
    使大吃一惊

Thanks - i need more detail

You say you're using Access 2003. Is this an access data file (.mdb) or an access data project?

Access doesn't support server-side cursors. There IS no server.

How many users in your 'multi-user' application?

thanks for reply.

i m using access data file (.mdb).

near about 10 user connected at a time.

i m using server-side cursors, it works fine. i have a problem only when i m changing cursorLocation at Runtime.

you r right, in Access there is no server but my application is working fine.

Access does NOT support server side cursors. It is totally incapable of supporting server side cursors. There IS no server to support server side cursors.

Now, IF you tell ADO to use server side cursors with an Access database, it does not generate an error. It just ignores your request, and uses client-side cursors anway. However, in the past, I have experienced odd problems with some cursor types if I incorrectly specified rs.Cursorlocation = adUseServer

Now. HOW are you distributing the client? As a part of a setup package, I hope. If you just copy the exe to the various client machines, it is hit-or-miss as to whether all the dependencies will be installed on the client, or whether the dependencies are the same revision as on the development machine.
    Lou
    使大吃一惊

Access does NOT support server side cursors. It is totally incapable of supporting server side cursors. There IS no server to support server side cursors.

Now, IF you tell ADO to use server side cursors with an Access database, it does not generate an error. It just ignores your request, and uses client-side cursors anway. However, in the past, I have experienced odd problems with some cursor types if I incorrectly specified rs.Cursorlocation = adUseServer

Now. HOW are you distributing the client? As a part of a setup package, I hope. If you just copy the exe to the various client machines, it is hit-or-miss as to whether all the dependencies will be installed on the client, or whether the dependencies are the same revision as on the development machine.
    it's really a very helpful information for me.

i m running setup to all the clients and i have maintain server path in text file. when the application is running it read server Path from text file and connect to server.

Quote Originally Posted by qdotsoftware
    i m running setup to all the clients and i have maintain server path in text file. when the application is running it read server Path from text file and connect to server.
    HOW do you create the setup?

Do you use Package and Deployment wizard? Visual Studio Installer? Inno Installer?
    Lou
    使大吃一惊

HOW do you create the setup?

Do you use Package and Deployment wizard? Visual Studio Installer? Inno Installer?
    i m using Package and Deployment wizard to create setup