I have a scenario that's driving me crazy.

I'm working with 2 tables.
Permit table: RecordID (AutoNumber), Site#, Permit#, expiration, PermitIssuerID, etc., and
PermitIssuer table: PermitIssuerID (primary key - AutoNumber), Name Address, etc.,

Created a combo box for the PermitIssuer Name using DistinctRow query from the PermitIssuer table, to save the PermitIssuerID information into PermitIssuerID in the Permit table

If the Permit table has the PermitIssuerID value for that record, no problem, it populates all the fields. However, if the value is null, and I need to select the permit Issuer name from the dro-down menu I get the following error:

"The changes you requested to the table were not successful because they would create duplicate values in the index, primary key, or relationship. Change the data in the fields that contain duplicate data, remove the index, or redefine the index to permit duplicate entries and try again."

This was driving me crazy.

So, I made some changes to the query, and now when I select the PermitIssuer name from the combo box and tab or enter, the record disappears from the form, the fields go blank. However if I select and Gently click on another field in another form, it maintains the value.

I want to know how I can fix this problem for the Permit Issuer information to populate and save after selecting the name from the ComboBox and pressing the tab key or the enter.

Can anyone PLEASE help?