Unanswered: Question on changing startup parameters

I'm new to SQL Server....running SQL Server 2000. Had to move the system database logs to a different drive. Used EM, Server properties, Startup parameters. Changed the transaction log designation. Closed that window. Stopped the server.

Server won't start as I messed up and did not include the file name in the new designated path....just down to directory level.

From what I've seen, I have to be able to start the server service to change the parameters and the server won't start.

Is there a file that contains these parameters I may edit or should I try using the command line options.

Many thanks in advance.

Disregard

Was able to do a reg edit on the parameters and have it running.

You can also start it from a command line with parameters.
    Quote Originally Posted by SQL BOL sqlservr.exe
    sqlservr [-sinstance_name] [-c] [-dmaster_path] [-f]
    [-eerror_log_path] [-lmaster_log_path] [-m]
    [-n] [-Ttrace#] [-v] [-x] [-g number] [-O] [-y number]
    Look at SQL BOL for the complete reference. It's a handy thing to know at 2:00am.

Regards,

hmscott
    Have you hugged your backup today?

Quote Originally Posted by SnowCrash7
    I'm new to SQL Server....running SQL Server 2000. Had to move the system database logs to a different drive. Used EM, Server properties, Startup parameters. Changed the transaction log designation. Closed that window. Stopped the server.

Server won't start as I messed up and did not include the file name in the new designated path....just down to directory level.

From what I've seen, I have to be able to start the server service to change the parameters and the server won't start.

Is there a file that contains these parameters I may edit or should I try using the command line options.

Many thanks in advance.
    Just a note: sometimes the paramters, when used in conjunction with other parameters, will act in an unpredicatable way. use google for more info

Provided Answers: 6
    just another reason to script everything.
    “If one brings so much courage to this world the world has to kill them or break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” Earnest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrasymachus
    just another reason to script everything.
    a real reason to script everything? all these sex ads floating around the internets. I once thought that it was cool, but think of all the space this is wasting? anyway, this one ad kinda made sense to show cause look at the website: it is so advanced and could be used for other things