Exclamation Unanswered: i need OCCI help :(

I have created my occi application and it works beautifully!... on my machine

when i try and deploy it on another machine I get an "Application Error", although it works on this machine and both machines have a full oracle clien install

has anyone encounterd this before, or have any suggestions to what this might be?

any help would be fantastic

Thanks in advance,

Scott

What is the error you are getting ?
    ORA-000TK : No bind variable detected... Shared Pool Alert code 5 - Nuclear query ready .

it isnt specific, just says that there is an application error and some of the application configuration settings are inccorrect?

am i correct in thinking that all i need to run an OCCI app on another machine should be the .exe file and the four include files (referenced under the windows 'PATH' variable)?

thanx for replying, im so close!

Scott

I've not worked with OCCI on Windows (only Linux), so I'm not sure about the PATH variable... Anyway, I don't think the ".h" files are necessary.

The thing that is sure is that you either need an Instant client or Full Client install. You said you have a full client, so you should check that ORACLE_HOME (AFAIK it's a registry entry in Windows) points to the full client install. Also check your NLS_LANG registry entry so as to configure locale settings correctly (especially the character set used by the client app).

HTH & Regards,

rbaraer
    ORA-000TK : No bind variable detected... Shared Pool Alert code 5 - Nuclear query ready .

ah sorry i didnt realise you hadnt done it under windows... i checked the registery and everything seems to be okay.

to make things simple all i added to the path variable was 'C:\Documents and Settings\g408ahe\Desktop\test\Instant'... which contains the files for the instant client.

this works on my machine fine.. but doesnt work on the target machine.

Have you got an e-mail addy so i can send you a screen dump of the error.. as your more experienced than me you may be able to shed some light on the situation.

thanks for being patient... as you can probably tell this is very frustrating for me

Be aware that if you want to use instant client you MUST NOT set ORACLE_HOME. If ORACLE_HOME is set, then the OCCI program will go to this directory and try to find a full client install .

If I use instant client on Linux AND provide an ORACLE_HOME, my program directly crashes , maybe that is what is happening to you.

HTH & Regards,

rbaraer