Lead the architecture, design, and development of software systems.
• Drive the analysis and design of software systems; help shape system requirements, and develop analysis-level documents that reflect the requirements.
• Maintain system and design documentation, and prepare materials for project reviews.
• Set team policy on source code management, builds, and releases.
• Actively create, refine, and evangelize technical standards for the department.
• Serve as points of contact between clients and other groups within IT, such as the UNIX, DBA, and Security Office Systems groups.
• Strong understanding of all aspects of corporate software development
• Strong client, server, database, and reporting skills.
• Ideal candidate would be a generalist, able to be flexible in roles yet with an in-depth knowledge of J2EE applications used for complex problem domains.
• Full understanding of systems composed of multiple related applications, from both software and business perspectives.
• Must be able to weigh business and technical requirements to produce project plans and estimates.
• Business and negotiation skills to work with clients and business analysts to determine what features the project team will deliver, given constraints of staff, time, and quality.
• Strong understanding of standard software development lifecycle methodologies.
• Software development ability, experience, speed, and quality.
• Ability to lead complex tasks, such as partitioning an application across tiers, establishing transaction boundaries, and selecting integration technologies like message passing and directory services.
• EAD, Green Card or US Citizen
Technology & Years of Experience Required
EJB (Entity, CMP preferably 2.0 using relationships)-4yrs.
JSP or Swing (Swing preferred)-3yrs.
Ant / Ant Maker (some)
Rose (or some UML tool)-4yrs.
Managing team size 5> for complex data/behavioral project-2yrs.
Strong oral and written communication skills.
Compensation and benefits
Compensation is based on qualifications and includes an annual bonus paid semi-annually that has averaged 10% over the past 3 years.
The hiring company is internationally recognized, is stable, offers a friendly and relaxed working environment where quality of life is paid attention to (healthy balance between work and home). There is a very low IT turnover in this group, and an excellent benefits package (details on request).