Unanswered: cobol -> SQL2005

I'm not "cobol person" but now, I have to bind a cobol application (from mainframe) to query SQL 2005

Have somebody had this task?

Provided Answers: 54
    No, but it should be pretty straightforward... All of the mini / mainframe products I've seen use ODBC to allow native applications running on the host (the mini or the mainframe) to bind to the PC database. Operative word being "should", this should be quite straightforward, simply changing the ODBC driver referenced and setting the server / database / security settings appropriately.

-PatP

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Phelan
    No, but it should be pretty straightforward... All of the mini / mainframe products I've seen use ODBC to allow native applications running on the host (the mini or the mainframe) to bind to the PC database. Operative word being "should", this should be quite straightforward, simply changing the ODBC driver referenced and setting the server / database / security settings appropriately.

-PatP
    Thanks Pat
    I try to find communication between Mainframe and PC db throgh ODBC .
    This cobol-programm never have been running to bind to the PC db - it is working with mainframe DB2. This is tamporary deal (we are going from DB2-to SQL2005) I could write this from PC using VS C# for example and hit mainframe, but I have to save even interface of this "stupid" programm .

thanks again

how about "Connect Direct" or "Direct Connect" ?

wath do you mean?

Actually, now I'm studing how to do this for IBM CICS environment that uses EXEC SQL CONNECT to DB2 to change to SQL2005