Unanswered: Crosstab report cannot open - data not there

Ho guys

I'm still stuck on this crosstab issue. Ive delt with it manaually but when I'm not around the office freeze up.

Basically I have a crosstab attached t a report I made late last year. It have 4 data columns 1 2 3 4 each number is a month number. The report works well if the cross tab has data from the week number if not - it saiys the JET can't the source. Im attached to another database using ODBC - I dont have write privlages and the users of the parent database cannot place a default zero in to each week number to allow the crosstab to function. what I think I need is a way of telling the report that for instance if week 3 does not exist then place a zero if not place the data.

any ideas this has stumped me for months and I really cant get my head around it

gareth

Provided Answers: 8
    In the Cross tab query you can Name the Column heading

right click the Column heading in side the query and Properties

in the column heading type 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,0

this will make the Query build all the column heading
    hope this help

See clear as mud

StePhan McKillen
    the aim is store once, not store multiple times
    Remember... Optimize 'til you die!
    Progaming environment:
    Access based on my own environment: DAO3.6/A97/A2000/A2003/A2007/A2010
    VB based on my own environment: vb6 sp5
    ASP based on my own environment: 5.6
    VB-NET based on my own environment started 2007
    SQL-2005 based on my own environment started 2008
    MYLE
    YOUR PASSWORD IS JUST LIKE YOUR TOOTHBRUSH DON'T SHARE IT.

Quote Originally Posted by garethfx
    Ho guys

I'm still stuck on this crosstab issue. Ive delt with it manaually but when I'm not around the office freeze up.

Basically I have a crosstab attached t a report I made late last year. It have 4 data columns 1 2 3 4 each number is a month number. The report works well if the cross tab has data from the week number if not - it saiys the JET can't the source. Im attached to another database using ODBC - I dont have write privlages and the users of the parent database cannot place a default zero in to each week number to allow the crosstab to function. what I think I need is a way of telling the report that for instance if week 3 does not exist then place a zero if not place the data.

any ideas this has stumped me for months and I really cant get my head around it

gareth

Me too. The report works well if the cross tab has data from the week number if not - it saiys the JET can't the source.

Many Thanks StePhan!

Im at home reading this but I'll be back in the office tomorrow EARLY and give this one a crack - I let you know how I fair

Thanks for the quick response

Gareth

Hi Stephan

Got to tell you - you hit the nail on the head with this one. Tried this on4 different xtabs and each responded smack on

WELL DONE

and

Thanks for the tip

Gareth