Unanswered: ORA 01041: internal error. hostdef extension doesn´t exist

I try run one report in oracle 9i, but it send me the follow error: ORA 01041: internal error. hostdef extension doesn´t exist, somebody tell me why?...

Other problem, I can´t see ones table view in oracle report, but when I run the statement in TOAD this run ok....I need configuration something?

thank's

excuse me, I don't write very good.....

I hope that your help me...

Provided Answers: 4
    Did you connect to the database? Can you connect to it from the Report Builder? If you can, then you *should* be able to see all objects (tables and views) as well as in TOAD.

If you can not connect to the database using Report Builder, do you get any error messages (different from ORA-01041)? Could you check the "alert.log" file? Is your database, perhaps, trying to shut down (or start up), but has problems doing it?

How about connecting to the database using SQL*Plus? If it is successful, perhaps you could help yourself by copying TNSNAMES.ORA and SQLNET.ORA from the database\network\admin directory into developer_suite\network\admin directory.

but, if I execute in other DB (It is in WINDOWS) the report is good, and if I exchange to other DB (this in LINUX) then send me the message ora-01041.

I try perform my SQL sentences in TOAD and ran good...

Question

Quote Originally Posted by gzapata_01
    but, if I execute in other DB (It is in WINDOWS) the report is good, and if I exchange to other DB (this in LINUX) then send me the message ora-01041.

I try perform my SQL sentences in TOAD and ran good...
    how do I doing to finish this thread?....

Provided Answers: 4
    I really can't tell what you did (or did not) try, but - until you answer several questions and do what I suggested in post #3 - I wouldn't know what next.

thank u Littlefoot for help me....the problem is resolved.........

so, how do you solved it ? (it could/would help others as well!)

In my case, I think that report was compiled in other version.....I took ones version before and try generated newly......and surprice.....compiled and executed ok....

by....

Question RMAN steps

hi,

i need to perform rman. Can some one please describe me in detail how to perfrom rman on ORACLE 9i running on Windows platform. it would be very greatful if step by step procedure is depecited.

Regards,
    Lavanya.C.K

Lavanya,
    Do NOT hijack another thread for a new question. Start a new thread
    Bill
    You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.