Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Falcon/indexer

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    29

    Unanswered: Falcon/indexer

    Hi,
    have a client that is using this software as a validation/image viewer. I am having trouble finding info about it. Can an Access 2000 DB be interfaced with this, or is the Database proprietary to the software.

    Thanks for the help


    Jeff

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    The Bottom of The Barrel
    Posts
    6,102
    Provided Answers: 1
    So uh... where did you have trouble finding info about it?

    http://www.google.com/search?client=...=Google+Search
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

    *** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    29
    Thanks Teddy.

    I saw those First 2 links as well. There is no actual information in there. Those links are sales stuff and nothing technical. I was looking for more then the sales pitch.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    The Bottom of The Barrel
    Posts
    6,102
    Provided Answers: 1
    Their support section requires credentials, I assume your client has those?
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

    *** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddy
    Their support section requires credentials, I assume your client has those?

    That is my problem. they do, but there IT guys are fighting me on the issue. They dont want to help me out because they think it gives them job security. I am getting zero help for them. The users who are trying to be helpful have no idea what goes on in the background.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    The Bottom of The Barrel
    Posts
    6,102
    Provided Answers: 1
    Well, sounds like you're dead in the water. time to get your client to go to bat with IT.
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

    *** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia USA
    Posts
    2,763
    Provided Answers: 19
    Teddy's exactly right! If the client thought his IT guys were up to the job he'd have kept it in house. Go to the guy that's writing the check! He he can't get you the needed info walk, no run the other way!

    Good luck!
    Hope this helps!

    The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

    All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    29
    Thats what I was afraid of. All I need/wanted to know from them was if I could use an Access DB. They may be forced to help me now but what kind of little problems will they cause me down the road. I did not want to do an end around on them and make the process any worse or harder then it had to be.

    thanks

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    3,713
    Quote Originally Posted by idlewild70
    Thats what I was afraid of. All I need/wanted to know from them was if I could use an Access DB. They may be forced to help me now but what kind of little problems will they cause me down the road. I did not want to do an end around on them and make the process any worse or harder then it had to be.

    thanks
    They ain't your boss ... They ain't your co-workers ... If they interfer then squash them like a bug. In other words, go to their boss and explain their interference and why it's hindering your work for the company ... Hey, you don't have to be friends ... They just need to do their job. And if they get shit-canned alls the better ...
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    One Flump in One Place
    Posts
    14,912
    Quote Originally Posted by M Owen
    They ain't your boss ... They ain't your co-workers ... If they interfer then squash them like a bug. In other words, go to their boss and explain their interference and why it's hindering your work for the company ... Hey, you don't have to be friends ... They just need to do their job. And if they get shit-canned alls the better ...
    Lol - bang back in form

    There's a contact number - why not just give a bell and talk to them? The vendor (surely....) will be more than willing to discuss with you.
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •