Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Are infology modeling and information modeling one and the same?

Can anyone tell me whether information modeling and infology modeling one and the same.If not please tell me what is infology modeling and where can i find its info.

Thanks

Never heard of it (infology modelling that is). Try Googling and you'll see there is no such thing as infology modelling (don't forget the second l). There are lots of entries for infology but predominantly as it firm names.
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.

I know for sure that there is infology modelling.I asked for help in this forum bcoz i couldnt find it in google.If anyone has any info do let me know.Its a bit urgent.

culled from a charming document, apparently infology is:-

* However, Pettersson [12] used the word infology with another meaning than Langefors. Pettersson wrote: "Infology is the science of verbo-visual presentation of information. On the basis of Man's prerequisites, nfology encompasses studies of the way a verbo-visual representation should be designed in order to achieve optimum communications between sender and receiver. Some studies concentrate on the sender, others on the receiver, representation or communications process as such."

...well Im glad that sorts out what infology is
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Isn't Infology the method of database design used by Tom Cruise and John Travolta?
    If it's not practically useful, then it's practically useless.

blindman
    www.chess.com: "sqlblindman"
    www.LobsterShot.blogspot.com

My favourite from my web search was the (single) Wikipedia entry:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Ramobear

ddrut88 - could you define precisely what you mean by "I know for sure that there is infology modelling" and why you believe this?

In the UK there is a tradition of sending a new junior on a Fool's Errand as a kind of rite of passage. I hope this doesn't start to sound familiar....
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump

Quote Originally Posted by healdem
    Infology is the science of verbo-visual presentation of information. On the basis of Man's prerequisites, nfology encompasses studies of the way a verbo-visual representation should be designed in order to achieve optimum communications between sender and receiver. Some studies concentrate on the sender, others on the receiver, representation or communications process as such.
    There is a tremendous irony to this passage
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump

Quote Originally Posted by ddrut88
    I asked for help in this forum bcoz i couldnt find it in google.
    that's actually rather frightening

Its a bit urgent.
    if this is a homework assignment, do not expect any sympathy

lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on our part
    rudy.ca | @rudydotca
    Buy my SitePoint book: Simply SQL

I am intrigued by this one. I keep googling (and I've tried Dogpile too - a meta search engine) and have come up with nothing concrete. If it is a homework assignment and the lecturer genuinly supplied no references then it is a fiendish one.

I keep finding pages that are short on information but long on bibliographic references to seemingly relevent academic papers on infology. E.g.:
    Malmsjö & Zetterlund (2001) The essence of infology. A study of a systems perspective when designing information systems. Journal of Systems Research and Information Systems, Vol. 10, pp. 197-215.

Lamgefors, Börje. Essays on Infology, Studentlitteratur, 1995. A review of the development in the IT-area by one of the most influential Swedish contributors in the development of methods for information systems analysis.

Abstract:
    http://portal.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=985262

I reckon I know the answer
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump

I appreciate all ur help.Thanks a lot.

r937:Chill man!!!!Why r u getting so much frustrated.I dint mean to say anything against this forum.Dont give wrong impression to other people if u dint understand the gist of my problem.I wanna answer the 2 issues u brought up

If i could find the info i needed in any search engine i would not have bothered u people.Forums solve many problems as they r viewed by many categories of people like experienced,working professionals, professors, students,people starting on new jobs (list goes on). We r fortunate to have these type of resources and i found so much info thats fabulous from this forum.I really want some one to help me out.

And Urgent coz i have a time constraint .To speed up the responses i stated that.

OK, fess up dude. This is a homework assignment, right?

I mean, I can't remember the last time my boss called me into his office and shouted "Blindman! Tell me the difference between Corfiscatular Ven Diagrams and Trans-representational Gorlev Modeling by Monday, or get yourself another job!"

blindman

Hey guys,its just a question ,a doubt.I cant keep my self from laughing coz instead of clarifying my doubt ,some r after "THE ASSIGNMENT".Dont fret urselves on trying to think whether its an assignment or not.

Well anyways ,Thanks to all who tried to solve my actual problem genuinely and i pity the rest.BYE

Dont fret urselves on trying to think whether its an assignment or not.
    Nope - wrong. We make a point of not doing homework for students and take this very seriously. It's pretty clear this is what it is. You have asked for the answer to your question but have not demonstrated any background work on you part nor a willingness to do so.

Rudy is pushing 50k (+- 10k) posts webwide on technology forums so I doubt he needs a lecture on how these things work. He has met you (under different handles) a thousand times before.

Arguably I did too much to help in this instance (I suspect Rudy may take this view point). The distinction between this assignment and most others we see is the paucity of information readily available for the subject matter. As such I did a little bit of your research for you. This is a priveledge - not a right. None of the respondants to this thread ever had access to a multitude of professionals in our field of study to assist with our studies.

Quote Originally Posted by Blindman's boss
    "Blindman! Tell me the difference between Corfiscatular Ven Diagrams and Trans-representational Gorlev Modeling by Monday, or get yourself another job!"
    Tell me - when's the last time your boss called you Blindman, period?
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump

Everybody calls me blindman.

And ddrut88, I would concur with the opinion of pootle flump, but add that you are a complete knee-biter.

blindman

Quote Originally Posted by blindman
    Everybody calls me blindman.
    Coo - even Mrs Blindman? Or does she keep her maiden name - Blindwoman.
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump