Unanswered: Login failed for user 'sa' . The user is not associated with a trusted connection.

Visual Studio and SQL SERVER 2005 Express. I tried @ home pc. XP environment.
    when I use SQL Server authentication in database explorer I get :

Login failed for user 'sa' . The user is not associated with a trusted connection .

The windows authentication is successful ONLY in database explorer when I test the connection. But in my VB.NET program I get :

Login failed for user 'sa'. The user is not associated with a trusted connection .

the radio button only aloows Windows authentication or SQl Server authentication in the database explorer .

what to do ???

thanks , Lee // please send to : LeeChicagoan@aol.com

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Express relocation to SQL Server forum.

Lee - I hope that any responses will be to the thread and not your email. Also, I understand that leaving your email address lying around in plain text on the web is akin to actively soliciting spam. I could, of course, be wrong.
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.

Hi Lee

sa is a SQL Server account - trusted connections are for windows accounts. You need to check your connection string and ensure that there is no Trusted Connection = True or SSPI = True OR you need to connect as your windows account.

Check your connection string here:
    http://www.connectionstrings.com/

BTW - I hope you are attempting to connect with sa for development purposes only (not for your deplyed app)?
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.