Unanswered: Adding remote database to control center

Hi All,

I've a database residing on a SOLARIS machine, which I need to add it to my local control center.

Whenever, I give the ipaddress of the server in control center, I get these errors:

"SQL30081N A communication error has been detected. Communication protocol being used: "TCP/IP". Communication API being used: "SOCKETS". Location where the error was detected: "10.133.30.41". Communication function detecting the error: "connect". Protocol specific error code(s): "10061", "*", "*". SQLSTATE=08001

I've all the firewall permissions to the unix server. Is there something I'm missing? If there is any documentation, I'd be grateful, if anyone of you could forward me the link.

Thanks
    Yadu

Provided Answers: 5
    I think you should try adding the database using the Configuration Assistant instead of the Control Center. I was looking at what command the Control Center was generating and it tries to create an Admin TCPIP Node only. You do not want to create one of those.

HTH

Andy

I've tried using the confiugraton assistant and I get the same error when I do a test connection after adding the database.

Here is what I've done till now.

1. SVCE name was missing in my Solaris database. I added a servicename by using update dbm cfg using svcename. I can see that name and a corressponding port number in /etc/services.
    2. I added a node manually on to my local db2 instance by using
    catalog tcpip node imq2 remote xx.xxx.xxx.xxx server 60004
    3. I cataloged the database by using
    catalog db BLOD AS BLOD AT NODE IMQ2
    4. When i do a list node directory, I can see the newly added node.
    5. When I do a list database directory, I can see the new remote database as well.

When i try to connect to this new db BLOD, I get the following error
    "SQL1097N The node name was not found in the node directory. SQLSTATE=42720"

Provided Answers: 5
    I am not sure what the problem is. What is the OS of the client? What is the TCPIP address of the client and remote DB server?

Andy

Smile

I have followed the steps mentioned in the below link and it worked.

How To Setup IBM DB2 Control Center