Thread: Help with Mysql

Exclamation Unanswered: Help with Mysql

I am new to the whole mysql scene. I have two options that I can use. Need help figuring out which is best and easiest.

1) Create a cron job that will copy user account from one database to the other so that the user can use the same username and password to login to both sites that have the same database setup but will have differnet items. Also this job will need to only run like so many times a day and only transfer new user account so that it does not bogg down the server.

2) Setup the two dtabases to share the same user database. I think this will be the more comlicated one. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any help.

setup a security mechanism (access db, LDAP server or anything out of mysql) to authenticate the username,pass.
    Think that your solution should be scalable and intuitive. also if there are really same databases with different items you may concern using views inside mysql to provide some sort of access security.
    -Good luck

How do I edit tables inside of myphpadmin. I need to make a changes to one of my tables so that it gets it's information from another database.