Unanswered: How To Create A Drop Down Box?

How do i make one of these? like what the undo etc. gets when it has more than 1 option. See the attached picture. how do i make one of these?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails drop boxes.JPG  

Quote Originally Posted by neRok
    How do i make one of these? like what the undo etc. gets when it has more than 1 option. See the attached picture. how do i make one of these?
    Hi neRok,
    Check in Access Help for Combo Box
    BUD

Quote Originally Posted by Bud
    Hi neRok,
    Check in Access Help for Combo Box
    BUD
    I know how to use a combo box lol

i want to know how to make a 'combo box' for a button, not for a 'text box'. I can make a combo box with the values i want, and shrink it so you only see the arrow. Problem is that the arrow button doesn't stretch bigger as the combo box gets bigger. If i could get that to happen i would be right.

You can also use an image picture with a down arrow image (which is much bigger) and use the onclick events of the image to make it act like your combobox. It's a little facial trickery. Not sure if that's the answer you're looking for.
    Expert Database Programming
    MSAccess since 1.0, SQL Server since 6.5, Visual Basic (5.0, 6.0)

yeah that could work. I was really wondering if there was like an Active X control thingo for it or something. Seeing as its a standard Windows thing i thought i might be able to use it.

Drop Down

This attachment might get you half way there. I couldn't figure out how to get around not showing the actual dropdown and keep the image on the top. Again, not sure if this is the kind of thing you were looking for. Other than that, I know there are acitvex listbox (not combo box) type activex controls but I had a little difficulty working with them - I don't think I gave them a fair look at though.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by pkstormy; 10-05-06 at 01:25.
    Expert Database Programming
    MSAccess since 1.0, SQL Server since 6.5, Visual Basic (5.0, 6.0)