Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: #Deleted

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Posts
    2

    Unanswered: #Deleted

    Oracle database
    Novell Network
    ODBC link to table in Oracle

    When I view a table the correct number of rows are returned but in each field the word #Deleted appears. Take this same ms access mdb to a different user in a different department in our company and all works fine. They are on a different network domain. Any ideas?

    Also if I change the type of query from dynaset to snapshot the data appears fine.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Northampton, England
    Posts
    266

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    1,312
    The problem is the Primary Key. I did some research on Microsoft.com when I was getting this problem with SQL Server. What I found out is the Primary Key's data type is probably not supported by Access. In my situation I set up the Primary Key was a BigInt thinking it was the same as a Long, but it is much larger than a Long and Access could not handle it. Therefore, when it went to retrieve the data it was only getting some of the Primary Key field. As a result I was getting #Deleted in all fields of the table.

    Here is another article:

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/128809

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Posts
    2
    Actually I do not believe that is the issue. The tables in Oracle that I am linking to are part of our Financial/HR package (Lawson). On my old PC it works, on the new PC I received it does not work. I swapped PC's to fix an issue, but since I had the same issue on the new PC I went back to using the old where the linking to the Oracle tables work. Thanks for the link.

    Steve

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •