Unanswered: Want to create simple database but lacking...

I would like to create a simple login screen where players can access their stats through a microsoft access database which I update daily. The problem is, I'm a total newb. I have access but I don't have the webserver which is what I believe that I need, does anyone know how I can go about creating this database? Thanks for you help!

Login

Not sure about what you mean with needing a webserver but you can use the attachment to get the user's loginID. If they are connecting via a website, you might be able to modify it to work with your code.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Expert Database Programming
    MSAccess since 1.0, SQL Server since 6.5, Visual Basic (5.0, 6.0)

If you want people outside your home/office to be able to log in, you'll need to set this up on a public Webserver. I suggest you sign up with www.godaddy.com or www.ipowerweb.com. You'll then need to buy a URL (goDaddy is cheap).

To be honest, if you haven't done this before and are more interested in results than in learning all this technology, you might want to take a few shortcuts:

1) Consider signing up with Yahoo Groups. They have database, file sharing, and lots of other features. You could upload an Excel spreadsheet every day and people could review their info that way.

2) Offer to pay someone to do this for you. There is a job bank here (although I have, in the past, found it to be a waste of time unless you're offering mega bucks). I think you'll get better results from www.craigslist.com. Write up exactly what you need and offer some guy a few hundred bucks to set this up for you. (I'd help you, but I'm swamped right now).

If these don't sound like viable solutions, post some more details about your project specs and ask more specific questions.

Oh, and if you do want to do it yourself, go out to Half-Price Books and buy an old ASP for Dummies Book (might also want to pick up the Access for Dummies book).

For fastest results, though, I'd hit Craig's List.

Good luck.

You might be better off to output ther reports to a snapshot report daily and just let them look @ that.

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I have already contacted someone from CraigsList. I could probably figure it out eventually myself but I'm really interested in getting it up right now. I'm sure it's something very simple to someone with more knowledge than me so if anyone can help I'm more than happy to pay.

-BIll

Good luck. Once you read what the guy has done, you'll probably be able to pick it up and make changes for next year. But, to get it up and running quick, Craig's List is probably the best way to go.