Thread: Kill Process

Question Unanswered: Kill Process

Hi Peepz,

Im just a newbie using SQL Server anyway i noticed in my present company that most of the process/Stored Procedure that are being executed or connection that was being made by the application is not being terminated or disconnected. they use very large IO and CPU resources making the server slow or sometimes hang.(well that was my diagnostics). i try to kill them one by one but it seems endless process is redundant. to cut my problem short im thinking of having an application that would automatically kill all this unwanted process but ofcourse i should specify the parameter which process to kill. is this possible? i saw the KILL statement in the online books but it seems uncomplete with what i wanted to accomplish.

Thanks all

The syntax for the "KILL" process is quite simple. ex. "Kill 50", were 50 is the process id. What you are talking about doing should be relatively easy if you know what your parameters are. I always suggest instead of creating a work around for a problem, maybe you should solve the problem.

Good luck
    I hope this helped

Quote Originally Posted by Reghardt
    The syntax for the "KILL" process is quite simple. ex. "Kill 50", were 50 is the process id. What you are talking about doing should be relatively easy if you know what your parameters are. I always suggest instead of creating a work around for a problem, maybe you should solve the problem.
    i know the syntax but the problem is not that easy... thanks.