Unanswered: Where i can find ?

Where i can find (url pls) a tool or program for desiging reports for access because 'access report designer' look to me so primitive and doesn't have so many option to create a powerfull report like drawing & stuff.

..if exist something like this

Thanks in advance.

Access Reports primitive? I actually think they're quite powerful with the ability to embed Word, Excel, graphics, etc.. plus the ability to sort/group and embed report within a report.

They are not a drawing tool though which it sounds like you're looking for. There is Crystal reports if you want to work with something that I think is not as user friendly and as good.

If you find something you think is less primitive than Access Reports, I'd really like to know what you find. As for myself, Access Reports have done everything I've ever needed them to do (and I've created plenty of complex reports). Perhaps if you send a picture of what you want the report to look like and I'll place my odds that Access reporting can do it.
    Last edited by pkstormy; 10-06-06 at 13:16.
    Expert Database Programming
    MSAccess since 1.0, SQL Server since 6.5, Visual Basic (5.0, 6.0)

I have to do some drawings with a lot of tables and lines...that s why it seem to me very difficult to do. I spent 3 hours today and i succed to make only one report (for that report- in excell ..takes 1/2h). Im begginer with access but i want to move entire work from excell to access.

Why not just embed the excel table/graph into an MSAccess report as a temporary solution? I'm not sure what you want the MSAccess report to look like but you can make lines fairly easy in an MSAccess report. Maybe if you showed a picture of what you want it to look like.

I don't understand exactly what you want to say with "embed the excel table/graph into an MSAccess" (to copy from excel and paste into raport?). If i do that appear 2 problems:
    1. what i copied doesn't fitt in raport page
    2. if i press double click appear entire sheet of excel and get very embarrassing to set "query cells" exactly in same position as excel cells are.

I will sent you tomorrow a sample picture of what i need to design.

I have to create one report based on more queries(q_1, q_2, q_3). If im trying to do that acces doesnt let me
    so i create one query (q_all) which incluedes all.

Based on q_all i created one report but it doesnt fit in one page (i have 5 pages).
    How to do to look like in "report.bmp"? I attached also some tries in design view.
    Attached Files Attached Files

If it had not been for the reporting I would have left Access years ago - everything else is easily replaced\ improved upon elsewhere (JET\ JET SQL\ Access Forms\ VBA etc).

Simply put - you want a subreport in the report footer

HTH

EDIT - I agree with Paul - if you can suggest a better reporting tool please let me know too!

EDIT 2 - changed Access Reports to Access Forms
    Last edited by pootle flump; 10-07-06 at 19:32.
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.

That's what makes Access Reports great. Like Pootle suggested, put your totalling fields in the report footer (NOT the page footer - you'll have to make it visible - i.e. View, Report Header/Footer) and then set the control source i.e. =sum([MyFieldName]) or =avg([MyFieldName]) or whatever formula you want to use on that column. If you want the borders/change colors, etc., those tools are all there also plus lots of other goodies like conditional formatting, etc..

When you get into sorting and grouping (i.e. grouping and totalling on certain items - read up on it), you'll find some of the nice extras Access Reporting does very well. I think once you find out about the TRUE power of ALL the things you can do with Access Reports, you may change your mind about it being primitive. You're just getting a very, very small sample.
    Last edited by pkstormy; 10-07-06 at 19:38.

Is working...i'm so happy

Thaks a lot!