Unanswered: Exporting text to Excel

Hello,
    I use pootle_flump's code to export a table to Excel (ExcelAutomatation_Basic). Everything works just fine, except that in a field using the type PM, all the [Enter] characters are shown in the shape of a rectangle, and I have no idea on how to remove them. Anyone?

Thanks!

'scuse my ignorance: what is type PM

i don't use poot's XLS export since i already have my own that handles my needs (by design, desire, determination i have very limited X-export needs since i don't want my db data stuck on a desert-island and being used well after sell-by date).
    i don't experience any odd behaviour from linefeeds moving from A to X with my route). could you add a few more words of explanation?
    or maybe someone using poot's export is better able to answer.

izy
    currently using SS 2008R2

Oh, sorry. It's called PM in the swedish version. I'll try to explain PM - it's the type when you have an unlimited ammount of text data.

i can help to translate PM to memo field, but that's about it.

for the rest: i'm an amateur with X, but i thought it used the same newline as A
    vbNewLine = vbCrLf = chr(10) & chr(13).
    a brief play in X's immediate window seems to confirm this until i did a character count of a multiline X string in a cell. looks like X is using chr(10) only.
    ...do you have somewhere in your export routine that you could squeeze in a
    replace(myPMfield, Chr(13), "")
    ??

izy
    currently using SS 2008R2