Question Unanswered: Access Database - Problem with form length characters

In our new database with have created a main table which stocks all our data. Then we have created a form which links back to the main data table to allow friendly user interface and this is where our users add in their information of all new client accounts.

Our problems is that in the feedback box of the form designed, it cuts off the text, even though when we click on the button save.

The main data table was set up with 'memo' which allows 65535 characaters.

Apparently the feedback box inside form designed clients info only accepts a maximum of 155 characters.

We can type as much as we like in this box and there are no errors messages when inputting our text in.

At first view it seems to take all data. It is only when we reselect the client that we can see that the data text has been cut off.

However, if I input directly into the main data table, it accepts this text but doesn't display it via the form.

Could someone really help me? Our IT doesn't support Access. I find it wierd that you can have a memo field of 65535 characters but via a form you can only have 155. I think there is a problem in the code which cuts off or selects part of the text.

Many thousands of thanks
    Caryn

Whhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

Moved to Access forum.
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.

Provided Answers: 19
    I think there is a problem in the code which cuts off or selects part of the text.
    What code do you have relating to the text box? You say this is a new db; is it made from scratch, or have you copied and posted code from other projects, as many of us do?

The first thing I'd try is to make a new db and import all your objects into it, in case your db has gotten corrupted.
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

It's a new d/base. Each field that requires detailed text we have selected memo which allows 65535 characters.

I have five boxes in my form, each serving different text information however have the same design function which point to the different fields in the main table.

e.g. Decision to Answer on form (goes to DecisionAnswer field in main table). In main table DecisionAnswer has been selected as memo.

In the code attached to the form, I cannot find anything.

However I have strange results from the five memo boxes:
    Decision to Answer: I type in 380 characters, the d/base only accepts 260 and displays 260 in form.

Organisational Comments; I type in 432 characters, the d/base only accepts 32 characters and displays 32 characters in form

Time Management Comments; I type in 248 characters, d/base accepts and display 248 characters

Feedback and Comments: I type in 439 characters, d/base accepts 439 characters but only displays 255 characters.

If I type directly into the d/base via the main table and not by form, I get the same results. This is wierd. Memo should take quiet alot of written text.

Many thanks for your help

Provided Answers: 19
    Have you tried to make a new db and import all your objects into it? From what you've reported, I can't imagine anything except corruption.
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007