The scheduler is unable to access the Tools Catalog Database.
Reason code = "5" and SQLCODE "0".
The scheduler function cannot be processed because the scheduler
is unable to access the Tools Catalog Database for the reason
specified by the "<reason-code>" as follows:
1. The given user ID, or password, is incorrect.
2. Incorrect Tools Catalog Database configuration in the DB2
Administration Server configuration parameters. One or more
of the following DB2 Administration Server configuration
parameters is incorrect:
3. The Tools Catalog Database is already being used by another
scheduler on the same system.
4. The Tools Catalog Database is only supported through TCP/IP
as a communication protocol.
5. Unexpected errors. Refer to SQLCODE "<sqlcode>" for more
The action corresponding to the reason code is:
1. Check your user ID and password and try again.
2. Verify that the DB2 Administration Server TOOLSCAT_DB and
TOOLSCAT_SCHEMA configuration parameters have been set
correctly. View the current settings of TOOLSCAT_DB and
TOOLSCAT_SCHEMA using the GET ADMIN CONFIGURATION command.
To modify the value of any DB2 Administration Server
configuration parameter, use the UPDATE ADMIN CONFIGURATION
command. If you continue to receive this error message after
attempting the suggested response, please contact IBM
3. Contact your system administrator.
4. Attempt the following:
- If the tools catalog database is local to the scheduler, then
set up the instance specified by the DB2 Administration
Server configuration parameter toolscat_inst to use
- If the tools catalog database is remote to the scheduler,
then ensure that the node used by the toolscat_db admin
configuration parameter supports TCP/IP as the
5. Refer to the DB2 Administration Server's First Failure Data
Capture Log for additional information.
Contact IBM Support if you continue to receive this message
after attempting the suggested solutions.